How to Prescribe
The recommended dose of Gelclair is one packet 3 times daily (TID) or as needed. Each single-use packet contains 15mL of Gelclair bioadherent oral rinse gel.
Gelclair is available in a 90-packet box containing a full month’s prescription. It is also available in a 15-packet box.
For additional information on dosing and administration please see the full Prescribing Information on this website.
How Patients obtain Gelclair
Gelclair is available to patients via the Gelclair Rx Program or through their local retail pharmacy.
Gelclair Rx Program
For some patients visiting their local retail pharmacy may not always be possible. In other cases a physician’s office may wish to utilize the benefits of a dedicated specialty pharmacy. In these situations the Gelclair Rx Program enables Gelclair to be shipped directly to the patient (or physician’s office) following prescription reimbursement verification. Gelclair is approved to manage and relieve pain associated with oral mucositis/stomatitis, which may be caused by radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
DARA BioSciences recognizes just how important it is to provide oral mucositis patients quick and easy access to Gelclair. DARA also recognizes how time-consuming it can be for healthcare providers and their staff to manage the reimbursement process, in particular when Prior Authorization is required. That’s why DARA developed the Gelclair Rx Program, a process to streamline Prior Authorization while ensuring patients get the Gelclair they need. In cases of Prior Authorization, patients will automatically be shipped an initial supply of Gelclair until reimbursement authorization can be verified.*
Gelclair Rx Program – Benefits:
- A simple one-stop solution for healthcare providers and their oral mucositis/stomatitis patients*
- Patients receive Gelclair within 24 hours of prescription receipt/confirmation
- Most insured patients pay zero $0 out-of-pocket for one month of therapy*
In order to provide patients fast, easy access to Gelclair, DARA selected Linden Care to be its national pharmacy partner to manage the Gelclair Rx Program. Linden Care is a full service pharmacy. All of Linden Care’s pharmacists, technicians and patient care representatives are highly trained professionals that understand the day to day challenges patients face.
For Healthcare Providers: Providing Gelclair is Easy – Follow 3 Simple Steps:
- Physician completes the Gelclair Rx Program order form.
- Submit the completed Rx Order Form to DARA BioSciences for processing, by fax, e-prescribing or phone:
- Fax # 1-516-308-4339
- E-Prescribe: Send to Linden Care NPI# 1790960458 NABP# 3357387
- Following verification of Gelclair drug benefit by a reimbursement specialist, Gelclair is shipped directly to the patient within 24 hours.
To ensure maximum coverage and access, some cases involving Medicare or Medicaid patients will require Gelclair be sent to the physicians’ practice, for distribution to the patient.
To contact The Gelclair Rx Program directly, call 1-877-954-6336, Option 1 and enter extension 176 where a dedicated customer service representative will assist you.
Local Retail Pharmacy
If using a local pharmacy, it is prescribed in the usual manner, either via prescription pad or electronically. The prescription is filled by the retail pharmacy, for pick up by the patient.
No Coupon, No Copay, No Hassles*
DARA is pleased to announce its most patient-focused and patient-friendly terms yet for patients prescribed Gelclair oral rinse gel. Qualified patients will be able to fill their prescriptions at their local retail pharmacy with zero copay. Simply write an Rx in the usual manner – No Coupon, No Copay, No Hassles!*
Terms and Conditions: The Gelclair Rx Program is available to all qualified US residents.
* Certain patients in Federal programs may not qualify. Qualified patients will pay $0 per Gelclair prescription. After a maximum reimbursement allowance any remaining costs will be the responsibility of the patient. Co-pay assistance is not valid for prescriptions reimbursed in whole, or in part under Medicaid, Medicare, including Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans, or any other federal or state program (including state pharmaceutical assistance programs) or where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted. DARA BioSciences reserves the right to rescind, revoke or amend this offer without notice. Patients understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer as set forth here.
Gelclair® is a registered trademark of Helsinn Healthcare SA, Lugano, Switzerland.
Marketed and distributed by: DARA BioSciences Inc. Raleigh, NC 27615
info@DaraBio.com or call 1-855.327.2246